Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT Fee Structure 2022/2023
Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT Fee Structure; Check Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT Fee Structure 2022/2023
Fees and other financial obligations are solely the responsibility of the student. It is the student’s responsibility to communicate with sponsors or guardians to ensure prompt and full payment of any fees due for every academic year. The cost of each programme will be clearly stated in the admission letter. Fees are payable in full at the beginning of the academic year, or in two equal instalments at the beginning of each semester. All payments by local institutions or individuals shall be made in local Currency.
Tuition and other fees for the entire 2022/2023 Academic Years are due and payable prior to registration. Rent for on-campus accommodation for the entire year is due and payable at registration. The University shall, however, allow these payments to be split into parts as described below. Delayed payment is allowable with penalty as described below. Students should commence attending classes pending finalization of payment in order to meet attendance requirements.
Students or their sponsors shall deposit payments into the following University accounts and present original bank pay-in slips at registration and the University will issue an identity card for the current semester, which will permit them to attend classes or use any of its facilities.
Private Sponsored Students
Private students, including those being sponsored by employers or other agencies, must pay 50% of annual tuition and 100% of other fees to register for 1st semester and must pay the entire balance to register for 2nd semester.
ees and Payment
Debicheck Debit Order Process
The Student Accounts Department at CPUT has been making use of debit order payment arrangements in order to ensure students manage their debt effectively. This debit order system has now changed due to amendments made by the South African Reserve Bank.
The South African Reserve bank has implemented a secure debit order payment system, called DebiCheck that allows you to electronically approve your debit order details. This will prevent fraudulent debit orders from being processed, giving you more control over your finances.
DebiCheck is a secure debit order payment system that adds an extra layer of security to debit orders on your account.
DebiCheck places all the power in your hands by allowing you to approve and verify each new DebiCheck debit order.
Once you have set up a DebiCheck debit order with the student accounts department the following will happen:
- You will have to verify and approve your new debit order as set up by the university.
- You can approve your DebiCheck debit orders:
- through your bank’s Contact Centre
- at an ATM
- at your nearest bank branch
- using the Mobile App
- dialling the USSD number provided by your bank
- Once the DebiCheck debit order is confirmed, your bank will check each DebiCheck debit order payment instruction against your approval.
- You must ensure that we have your latest correct cellphone number so that you can receive notifications about DebiCheck approval requirements.
- Your Financial block cannot be removed until the Debicheck approval has been granted
Staff/ Family rebates
Staff rebates can be collected from Human Capital: Application for rebates must be done annually during the registration period. Staff Rebate Application Form
Terms and conditions of the Staff Rebate, as well as its processes.
In cases where two or more students from the same immediate family (brother, sister, parent, child) enroll at CPUT during the same year, a sibling discount may apply. For more information on sibling discounts, please see the Student Fee Booklet above.
The Fee Account (which includes tuition, residence fees and meals) is payable by Direct Deposit or Electronically (EFT), using the account details given below:
Name of Account: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Branch: Public Sector Cape Town Branch Code: 632005
Account No: 405 354 8487
Swift Code: ABSAZAJJ
Reference number: (CPUT) Student Number
For information about financial aid, please visit our Financial aid and funding section.
Contact the Student Finance Office
All student account enquiries and quotations for student fees can be made to the Student Finance Office.
- District Six, Mowbray, Athlone and Granger Bay Campus – Mr Thembile Kunene – email@example.com
- Bellville, Tygerberg, and Wellington Campus – Mrs Pamela Malawu – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative fee, Quality Assurance fee, medical fee, and Students’ Government fee should be paid full at the beginning of the academic year.
- Tuition fee can be paid fully at the beginning of each academic year or in two instalments at the beginning of each semester.
- Tuition fee is non-refundable.
- Fee structure is subject to changes without notice.
- All Fees must be paid before registration for the semester.
- The original copy of the bank deposit slip should be submitted immediately to the Finance office clearly indicating the name of the student, programme and year of study. Late submission will attract penalty.
7.Do not conduct any transaction via any other form of transaction than University bank accounts indicated in the fee structure.