Elizabeth Galloway Academy of Fashion Design Courses Offered 2022/2023
Elizabeth Galloway Academy Courses 2022/2023; Elizabeth Galloway Academy courses prepare you for the employment needs of the expanding world of business, health and professional services and equip you to participate in the global economy. courses are offered in the standard form or as academic development programmes tailored for students who may have experienced gaps or disparities in their educational or life experience
Details of all programmes offered are provided below.
1. Part-Time Fashion Design Course
- This part-time programme is an introduction to the world of fashion design and develops practical skills for those who want to explore fashion as a career. This course aims to introduce the candidate to the three-year Diploma or equip students with a basic set of fashion design skills that they can apply in the real world.
- The programme runs from March to November, with classes on Saturday from 10:00 – 15:00.
- This Part-Time Fashion Design programme does not lead to a nationally accredited qualification.
2. Diploma in Fashion Design
- The diploma is a three-year, full-time course designed for candidates who want to make fashion their career. With this nationally accredited qualification, you can expect to work in fashion design, fashion buying, garment technology, pattern making or fashion illustration.
- The Diploma in Fashion Design leads to a national qualification on NQF Level 6.
3. Degree in Fashion Design
- The degree is a three-year, full-time course designed for candidates who want to engage in the practical, written and theoretical aspects of Design and Product Development.
- The programme is planned to stimulate critical thinking and professional methodology, with contextual studies covering topics of cultural, historical and contemporary practice and theory in fashion design. Students are trained and exposed to related roles and job opportunities in the fashion design practice, textiles, editing/journalism, styling, fashion design retail and the apparel industry.
- The BA in Fashion Design leads to a national qualification on NQF Level 7.
4. Advanced Diploma in Fashion
- The Advanced Diploma is a 1-year full-time or 2-years part-time specialisation programme that allows the candidate to choose from a range of fashion fields in which to specialise. During this programme, the candidate will spend time in industry gaining work experience in their field of specialisation.
- The Advanced Diploma in Fashion leads to a national qualification on NQF Level 7.
5. Adult Learner Programme
- Elizabeth Galloway is running a part-time Adult Learners course in Italian Pattern Making. Participants learn to draw up patterns for garments from scratch, to their own measurements and preferences. This will enable them to in future sew their own unique, well-fitting clothes, or even become entrepreneurs who make garments for others.
Traditional Universities: These Universities provide theoretically-oriented university degree programmes. Check out Traditional Universities in South Africa below:
Universities of Technology (“Technikons”): These Universities provide vocational oriented diploma and degree programmes. Check Universities of Technology in South Africa below:
Comprehensive Universities: These Universities provide a combination of both traditional Universities qualifications and Universities of Technology qualifications. Check Out Comprehensive Universities in South Africa below:
Private Universities and Colleges in South Africa
What is TVET?
TVET is an abbreviation for Technical and Vocational Education and Training.
The focus of this part of the page is on public Technical and Vocational Education and Training that is offered at colleges.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training courses are vocational or occupational by nature meaning that the student receives education and training with a view towards a specific range of jobs, employment or entrepreneurial possibilities. Under certain conditions, some students may qualify for admission to a University of Technology to continue their studies at a higher level in the same field of study as they were studying at the TVET College.
On this page, the List of Public TVET colleges listed below will lead you to more related links to get the information you need on the school and to apply when you meet their requirements.
See List of All PUBLIC TVET COLLEGES IN SOUTH AFRICA below :
THE NORTHERN CAPE