NWU Mathematical and Statistical Sciences Department
NWU Mathematical and Statistical Sciences Department – See Details Below:
Welcome to the School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences is available on all three of the North-West University’s campuses under the Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Science. It comprised of two subject groups, namely Mathematics and Applied Mathematics and Statistics. Students are able to choose a programme that combines either of these two subject groups with other subject groups offered within the faculty.
On an undergraduate level students are offered a three year BSc Degree. Post graduate studies can be undertaken with a BSc Honours Degree, a Master’s Degree and finally a PhD as offered by the Faculty’s Unit for Business Mathematics and Informatics.
Students who excel in Mathematics (receive over 70% on matric level) are also able to apply to the Centre for Business Mathematics and Informatics for undergraduate BSc degrees.
NWU Mathematical and Statistical Sciences Department Admission Requirements
NWU Mathematical and Statistical Department Requirements – See Details Below:
- Home Language AND First Additional Language level 4. To register for English as a Home Language (HL), English as First Additional Language (FAL) on level 5 (minimum 65%) is required.
- MC: English/Setswana as HL ANDEnglish/Setswana as FAL;
- PC: Afrikaans/English/Sesotho/Setswana as HL AND Afrikaans/English/Setswana as FAL;
- VC: Afrikaans/English/IsiZulu/Sesotho as HL AND Afrikaans/English/Isi Zulu/Sesotho as FAL;
- Distance: Afrikaans/English/IsiZulu/Sepedi/Sesotho/Setswana as HL AND Afrikaans/English/Setswana as FAL.
- DURATION: 4 years