North West University NWU Mathematics Science and Technology Education Department
NWU Mathematics Science and Technology Department – See Details Below:
Welcome to the School of Mathematics, Sciences and Technology Education. The school offers relevant, high-quality education and trains graduates to become effective teachers and to undertake high-quality research. The school comprises the following subject group clusters: Natural Sciences Education, Mathematics Education, Computer Science Education, Technology for Education, and Geography and Environmental Education.
The School of Mathematics, Sciences and Technology for Education is responsible for the Post-graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) programme whereby students with an appropriate undergraduate degree or diploma can be trained to become a teacher.
The school also offers the following:
- Post-graduate programmes (BEd Hons, MEd and PhD) in Education, and
- The presentation of various short learning programmes in which teachers can enhance their content knowledge and in which they are exposed to new methodologies that can help them to improve education in their classroom.
Students are equipped to contribute in innovative ways at both a national and international level. Our very able and dedicated staff are committed to ensuring that each student achieves his or her full potential.
NWU Mathematics Science and Technology Department Courses
- Computer Science Education
- Geography and Environmental Education
- Mathematics Education
- Natural Sciences Education
- Technology Education
NWU Mathematics Science and Technology Requirements
- APS Score: The results obtained in four designated subjects and two NSC subjects are used in the computation of the APS score. Life Orientation is excluded. A Minimum score of 24 is required.
- Language requirement: A pass at level 4 (50-59%) in the language of instruction on either the Home and First additional Language level.
- Selection programme: Applications close 30 June. Students are requested to apply for admission as soon as possible, preferably before 31 May. Late applications will be considered based on merit.
Private Bag X6001
Tel: +27 (0)18 299-1857
Faks: +27 (0)18 299-4238
+27 (0)18 299 1856
+27 (0)18 299 1861