University of the Witwatersrand WITS Fee Structure 2022/2023
University of the Witwatersrand WITS Fee Structure; Check University of the Witwatersrand WITS Fee Structure 2022/2023
Fees and other financial obligations are solely the responsibility of the student. It is the student’s responsibility to communicate with sponsors or guardians to ensure prompt and full payment of any fees due for every academic year. The cost of each programme will be clearly stated in the admission letter. Fees are payable in full at the beginning of the academic year, or in two equal instalments at the beginning of each semester. All payments by local institutions or individuals shall be made in local Currency.
Tuition and other fees for the entire 2022/2023 Academic Years are due and payable prior to registration. Rent for on-campus accommodation for the entire year is due and payable at registration. The University shall, however, allow these payments to be split into parts as described below. Delayed payment is allowable with penalty as described below. Students should commence attending classes pending finalization of payment in order to meet attendance requirements.
Students or their sponsors shall deposit payments into the following University accounts and present original bank pay-in slips at registration and the University will issue an identity card for the current semester, which will permit them to attend classes or use any of its facilities.
Private Sponsored Students
Private students, including those being sponsored by employers or other agencies, must pay 50% of annual tuition and 100% of other fees to register for 1st semester and must pay the entire balance to register for 2nd semester.
We are currently not accepting walk-ins at the Fees Office. All queries can be emailed to:
General Queries and proof of payments – Dept-Finance-FeesOff@wits.ac.za
All Registration Queries – Dept-Fee-Reg2021@wits.ac.za
All awards/payment and disbursement – Refund.firstname.lastname@example.org
All graduation related Queries – email@example.com
- Tuition fees are payable for each course for which a student is registered.
- Charges ancillary to tuition fees, such as charges for course notes or for excursion costs are not included in the amounts listed. Club memberships fees are also not listed. These additional amounts will be reflected on the student’s fee account.
- Other Costs: Students also need to budget for books, stationery and travel costs, as well as pocket money and sundry expenses.
Residence fees are available on the Campus Housing and Residence Life website.
Payments & Related Procedures
- Administrative fee, Quality Assurance fee, medical fee, and Students’ Government fee should be paid full at the beginning of the academic year.
- Tuition fee can be paid fully at the beginning of each academic year or in two instalments at the beginning of each semester.
- Tuition fee is non-refundable.
- Fee structure is subject to changes without notice.
- All Fees must be paid before registration for the semester.
- The original copy of the bank deposit slip should be submitted immediately to the Finance office clearly indicating the name of the student, programme and year of study. Late submission will attract penalty.
7.Do not conduct any transaction via any other form of transaction than University bank accounts indicated in the fee structure.